A big thanks to Cassie from Oh Say Can You Say for nominating me for a Versatile Blogger Award! In accordance with the award, I’ll share 7 random facts about myself:
1) I love the arts! I’m into singing, acting, and dancing in musicals, and I love attending live music and art exhibits. My tastes vary across all types of genres and mediums, and my husband and I have been enjoying the art scene in DFW for the past few months. Most recently, we attended D’ Drum and Rite of Spring at the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, the Deep Ellum Arts Festival, That One Guy and several open mic nights. If you want to see a few photos of the show I most recently performed in, check out Matt Faus Photography!
2) I am an olive fiend! I’ll try any kind of olive, from kalamata to jalapeno-stuffed, I don’t discriminate. One of my go-to party dishes is an olive salad, made with a mix of black olives, green olives, fresh garlic, celery, and a little bit of olive oil. I tend to want to make one batch for myself, and one batch for the rest of the attendees to share!
3) I love scrapbooking and card-making. In fact, I’ve hand-made our Christmas cards for the last 2 years, and I generally make all my thank-you notes and congratulatory cards. I’m still working my way through my wedding scrapbook, but hopefully it will soon join the ranks with the high school, college, and Europe memories! If you promise not to judge the lack of recent posts, you can check out my short-lived creative website, The Creative Cap.
4) I’m an avid traveler. I lived in Barcelona, Spain for a summer, which enabled me to travel to Germany, France, and Italy for weekend trips. I went to the running of the bulls in Pamplona, and it was totally not worth it! I was at the 2008 Beijing Olympics when the world record for women’s pole vault was broken, and when the US swept gold at a track event. I’ve been to Mexico and Canada, and I’ve got plans to work my way through the rest of the world.
5) I love Mexican food and Italian food, and not the super fancy stuff either! I could alternate between cheese enchiladas or a mixed plate of fajitas, and pizza or spaghetti for most of my life. I’d have to pepper in some steak and salmon, but those are a little rich to eat all the time.
6) I workout a lot. Well, not a lot right now, since I’ve got class and homework most evenings. But, when I DON’T have class, I really enjoy the gym… I was really excited over spring break to hit the gym 5 days that week! Again, I don’t discriminate on my workout, from weights to boot camp to Zumba, I’m willing to try anything once.
7) If you give me a book and no distractions, I will literally read for the entire day. I love murder mystery novels and spy novels… kind of makes me wish I could be an undercover agent! Unfortunately, the time and desire to read are often thwarted by academic reading or busyness.
I’m also supposed to pass this award on to some other bloggers, so I’ll be working on my picks over the next few days!
Thanks again, Cassie, it’s great to promote fellow bloggers!